Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Losing my mind, but gaining a sense of style.

Got the news yesterday that I will be presenting at our pizza friday this week. Pizza friday is when one of Numantra's top guys, Mike, informs everyone on what is going on in the advertising world. We usually get an update on what creative has been working on, advertising news, and then we get to watch some commercials (my favorite part).  So I worked on my pizza friday presentation ALL yesterday off in my little corner. My computer kept freezing though because the powerpoint file is so massive :( I was going to go with the usual template and keep it consistent with Mike's presentations, but then I decided it would be more entertaining if I switched it up and presented an intern edition. When I got home, Aunt Lori and my cuz Tanner were at the house. I just played and played with him until he had to go home. I don't know if I ate something spoiled or what yesterday, but I have been feeling achy and just sick all yesterday.

This morning got off to a rough start. I woke up still feeling sick. Last night I made a check list of things I needed for today and in the middle of doing all of that I lost my phone - it was such a hassle to find my iphone when it has a white cover and the carpet is light and my sheets are white. I gave up on my phone for a while and it was time to accessorize my outfit for today.  I decided to wear one of my favorite bracelets to work, but surprise surprise it wasn't in it's usual spot in the bathroom. My mind started to race and I remember at one point at the gym yesterday I thought it was bugging me. Unfortunately I couldn't remember if I took it off or not and I'm really bad about zipping up my backpack that I take to the gyms so I was worried it fell out...however since I couldn't find my phone I didn't know the number for the gym to call and ask if they had it. Luckily I thought to look in my bag for work and found it in an outside pocket...woooh what a relief! Ryan gave me that bracelet for my birthday a few years ago and I really didn't want to tell him I lost it :( So I guess I didn't think it was bugging me at the gym...it was bugging me at work. I ended up having to get the home phone to call my cell and somehow it ended up under one of my umbrellas in my room. If you know me - that is my biggest problem, losing things! I don't even want to give you a count of how many times I lose my phone/license/keys, etc. it's just too embarrassing!

Today I also work up a little later than usual, but fortunately I made it to work right on time just as everyone was walking into the morning meeting. I wanted to end my last week of my internship strong...but with the way I'm feeling, who knows if that is going to happen. I brought my macbook to work today because I need to get some serious stuff done on this pizza friday presentation...geez I hate giving presentations, but I guess it's good practice for the real world. (Although, come on I got an A in public speaking so this can't be too tough :))

Right now I am looking up stock images for an annual report that is in the works for one of our clients...this is definitely not my favorite thing to do and it would be done by a graphic designer intern...oh if only we had one :( But the images need to be found so we can have an idea of what the layout will be and the mood of it before we start the copy. I wrote headline options for the different annual reports that were pitched to the client and they chose my favorite :) The art director did a lovely job on the design...now we just need to fill it with copy!

I am taking lunch soon and can't believe after today I only have two days left at Numantra and will be leaving on Sunday for Houston. But that is when I need to get tons of stuff home aka get my car to the shop to fix and get ready to move back to the lbk!

I am following over 20 blogs now and I took this quiz on one of the blogs and thought it was a fun little thing to do if you want to find out what type of decorating style you have...this could be helpful for those like me moving to a new place this next year.

These are my results:

The verdict is in—your style is Glamour. Glamour is the penthouse with a view, the Old Hollywood mansion, the home of the connoisseur. A knowing marriage of fashion with sumptuous comfort. A fearless blending of Art Déco, Chippendale, and Modern. Glamour is shamelessly smart, elegant, and timeless.
However, the quiz did say or you might also like the loft style...I think the loft style is more me...so these are the types of looks I would like to accomplish in my loft/cottage/spa styled room this year :)

Oh so relaxing and inviting.

Here is the quiz if you want to try it out! What is my style?


On another blog I found some delicious looking cookies and I think I am going to try the recipe soon...my whole Dallas family is going to be over on Saturday so I think I should try it out then :)



Here is the recipe if you would like to try them too!


chocolate puddle cookies
Adapted from 101 Cookbooks
3 c icing sugar (aka powdered sugar)
2/3 c cocoa
1/2 t fine sea salt
1 c each of roasted sunflower seeds, cocoa nibs, & toasted almonds (chopped)
4 large egg whites
1 t vanilla extract
Preheat oven to 350F. In a large bowl, mix together icing sugar, cocoa, and salt using a wooden spoon. Add in nuts, seeds and nibs. In a small bowl, stir together the egg whites and vanilla and then pour into the nut/cocoa/sugar mixture. Give everything a good stir until everything is well combined.
Line cookie sheets (preferably walled) with parchment or silpat and then drop batter using a tablespoon. Make sure that there is at least 2 inches between each cookie and that you have no more than 6 cookies per sheet. Bake for 13-15 minutes. You will know that they are ready when the cookies lose their shine and become matte. Use a spatula to carefully lift each cookie onto a cooling rack. Makes about 18 large cookies.

The link to the post is here.




1 comment:

  1. you're so cute mal! I love getting a glimpse of what's going through your mind! (and i LOVE that striped chair!)

    ReplyDelete