Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Over halfway done and yet to accomplish it all

So this week marks the 5th week of my internship! woohoo. Can't believe I have been interning at Numantra for that long. Monday and Tuesday of this week went by pretty slow and then today sped right up! I do love our morning meetings at 8:30am at Numantra, they are always so eventful. I did lots and lots of proofing today. I helped the copywriter proof a bunch of stuff for one of our client's upcoming gala for the fall. It's called the benefit of giving and the art director did a fabulous job on all of the invites/emails/sponsorship packages etc. I LOVE hunting for things to correct and edit...who knew I would love to do that so much. Oh wait I did :) In my newswriting class in the fall I longed to edit the other's students writing assignments when it was time at the end of our writing lab. I always wrote tons and tons of remarks and had so many editing marks on their papers and I would always get mine back and it would barely have stuff. I'm not saying that mine didn't need some serious editing, but the other students just didn't have as much fun editing and proofing as I did.

I can't wait to get all of my stuff printed to go into my portfolio. One of our clients partners with Walgreens for promo stuff, so if you are in the Dallas area soon you will be able to see some of the stuff I collaborated on in stores :)

Needless to say, I know I am in the right major and I can't wait to graduate and go places in advertising. I am soaking up everything this summer like a sponge. I have three more weeks left at my internship and then I will be headed home to Houston - until then I will continue to enjoy my time in Dallas :)

Oh ya I forgot - my Aunt Lori and I went to paint some pottery after I got off of work. We were pretty disappointed in the selection, but I found a cute mug to paint and what did do with it??? Paint it in THETA letters of course :) It was kinda a stressful experience for us because it was super hot and humid in the shop and the lady working there was a little crazy. We both got frustrated with our pottery and I decided to finish it another day, but Aunt Lori is getting hers fired and we shall go back soon and see how it looks.We ended our day at Olive Garden and it really felt like today was a good summer day :)

No comments:

Post a Comment