Sunday, June 27, 2010

Successful Mother-Daughter-Aunt Weekend

Well the past week went by crazy fast. I was busy on the last half of the week. I did a lot of writing and sitting in on meetings. On Friday we had our daily morning meeting, pizza friday meeting/presentation/update, our pharm exec ad meeting, and our Manegait video meeting...oh and I had to slip into a TKMG meeting for a few.

My momma came in to Dallas around 2pm on Friday, but I didn't get to see her until after work. I was so exhausted by the time I got home from work that I was worried she didn't think I was very enthused to see her haha.

Last week I went to Barnes and Noble and was on a hunt for a craft book. I found this WONDERFUL craft book for those like me who live and breath crafts! It's called the Handmade Marketplace by Kari Chapin. It helps you learn how to sell your crafts locally, globally, and online. I try to sneak a read or two in when I can at work during my down time. Speaking of down time, on Friday morning I decided to take the strengths quest that Tech tries to get its' students to take to understand our strengths. It took about an hour to take the survey and answer the questions. I had only 20 seconds to make a decision between two questions. If you are a Tech student and haven't taken that survey I highly suggest taking it because it was really neat to see my results.

Here are my five strengths:





ACTIVATOR
People who are especially talented in the Activator theme can make things happen by turning thoughts into action. They are often impatient.
FUTURISTIC
People who are especially talented in the Futuristic theme are inspired by the future and what could be. They inspire others with their visions of the future.
ACHIEVER
People who are especially talented in the Achiever theme have a great deal of stamina and work hard. They take great satisfaction from being busy and productive.
FOCUS
People who are especially talented in the Focus theme can take a direction, follow through, and make the corrections necessary to stay on track. They prioritize, then act.
INDIVIDUALIZATION
People who are especially talented in the Individualization theme are intrigued with the unique qualities of each person. They have a gift for figuring out how people who are different can work together productively.

On Friday night we all went out to eat at a great restaurant called Houston's. It was delicious and I thought it was funny that it was called Houston - oh how I miss home :) We did a lot of chatting and hanging out when got back. It was good to catch up with my mom. 
Saturday, My mom, Aunt Lori, and I went in search for bedding for my apartment. I was so ready to get some grown up stuff and figure out what colors I would want for my room. So long zebra and hot pink! I found a GORGEOUS bed spread that is a light light light greenish blue. It reminds me of a spa color. I am going for a cottage, natural, earthly, spa look in my room. Somehow I am going to make all of those ideas come into one. We stopped by Linz's house and visited and I love to see my little cousin, Tanner, any chance I get :) He is so cute :) Then, that night we went to a movie at Northpark. We saw The Killers with Ashton Kutcher and Katherine Heigel. It was super cute and super funny. AND of course Ashton looked SO GOOD.
Today, we went shopping for Granddaddy's 80th surprise birthday party. We are currently decorating boxes that we will stack up to hold the cupcakes we are making instead of a birthday cake. I am dying to start doing crafts for decorations for my room! I will be getting supplies soon and posting them when I finish - so look for those.
BIG DEAL: I get to go home Wednesday through Monday to Cypress and I'm super excited. Gdaddy's bday party is Saturday so that is why I am taking off of work. It is going to be great having only 2 days of work this week and I am excited to see my family and RYAN :) hehe
Well, off to do some crafting...this week is the 6th week of my internship - CRAZY!
My gorgeous big girl bed spread :)

Had to try it out on my bed here in Dallas 

The best craft book EVER

Cute pic in the book that is SO TRUE :)

No comments:

Post a Comment